Are you really too young to invest? How old do you think should a person know about money management, investment, profit, market or even retirement?
I’m blessed to have been introduced to buy and sell at a young age. My mom made us “polvoron” a delicacy in the Philippines made of flour, powdered skim milk, margarine and sugar. I would sell it to my classmates during recess and since we have two recess plus lunch break so I had all the time to sell it, sometimes I’d sell it in between class to my classmates (sneaky).
When I get home, mom would give me a certain percentage from the profit and used it of course for anything I want to buy that time. Obviously, it’s not a lot but at the age of 10, I understood the value of money and how business works.
Did I invest when I was a child? Well, not quiet! Financially, my mom did—but I did invest my energy to sell my moms “polvoron” because I know I will earn something.
WE WANT TO EARN! THE REASON WHY PEOPLE INVEST!!!!
So are you too young to invest?
DEFINITELY NOT! HOW TO START?
1. START SMALL. Try to buy and sell first if you are not familiar with the business world yet. At a young age, a child should learn how to manage money and how money works. For someone like me who did it because of my mom’s guidance, I benefited from it.
- sales talk
- basic addition and subtraction
- self-concept and self-worth
- knowledge on making a profit
So there’s no reason you can’t do it now. It doesn’t have to be big or something you’re not familiar with. And more than money, you’ll learn experience and that’s what’s important.
2. DON’T BE AFRAID TO RISK. Don’t make money your biggest priority but find a way for the business startup to be a stepping stone to know more and learn a lot of lessons. If you’re afraid to start, then you’re afraid to learn.
3. PRAYER AND MOTIVATION. Every person’s success should start with faith and motivation. Not everyone believe in the power of prayer but I do! Motivate yourself and believe that you can do it. “IT’S EASY TO START BUT IT’S HARD TO MAINTAIN IT.”
If you are able to motivate yourself over and over and over again, and you have a strong faith that God will never forsake you, YOUR AGE WON’T BE A HINDRANCE TO START ANYTHING, EVEN INVESTMENT.
4. KNOWLEDGE. When you consider yourself young in the world of investment, it only means you still have a lot to learn, a lot to fail and a lot to encounter—- no matter what, don’t think of those obstacles and challenges as barriers but rather, KNOWLEDGE.
“People say Change is constant, I say, LEARNING should be constant”
5. PLAN. You need to have a concrete plan on what you want to do, what you like to do or what interest you. Just because you like something, that should be a good investment for you. It’s not! Think out of the box, do trial and error, and never give up! Remember that the greatest people failed many many times and never gave up that’s why they are now considered great in their own field.
6. DON’T WAIT AND PROCRASTINATE. If you wait long enough, you will be old. hahaha! Kidding aside, all I’m saying is, you shouldn’t wait until it’s too late. Invest while you’re still young. The younger you start, the more you’ll understand the concept and the more you’ll understand, the easier it’ll get…
The easier it’ll get, the more reason for you to keep going.
So, ARE YOU REALLY TO YOUNG TO INVEST?
If you still think you are, then I don’t know what to do with you anymore.
Go read a different blog. 🙂 hahahahhahaaha!!!
Because to me, NO ONE IS TOO YOUNG TO INVEST.